Parades have long been a cherished part of celebrations and cultural events worldwide. They evoke a sense of excitement, bringing communities together to celebrate special occasions and traditions. At the heart of these parades are the captivating parade floats, which not only add a touch of grandeur but also tell stories, promote businesses, and entertain the crowd.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the various types of parade floats and dive into the many benefits they bring to parades of all kinds.
Types of Parade Floats
Push Floats (or Manually-Powered Floats):
Push floats are typically moved manually by a group of people who push or pull the float along the parade route. These floats are a cost-effective option since they don’t require a vehicle for propulsion.
Car-driven floats are built on a vehicle chassis, such as a truck or trailer, which provides the power and mobility needed to move the float. The vehicle is often concealed within the float’s design. Car-driven floats are versatile and can accommodate larger and more elaborate designs. They can also move at a consistent speed, allowing for precise synchronization with performances or other elements of the parade.
Towed floats are not equipped with their own built-in propulsion systems like engines or motors. Instead, they are towed or pulled along the parade route by a separate towing vehicle, such as a truck or tractor. These types of flaots can be quite large, built on a flatbed trailer or other platform.
Floats with Performers:
Floats that host live performers, such as dancers, musicians, or actors, offer a dynamic and interactive element to the parade. These floats not only engage the audience but also elevate the entertainment factor, turning the parade into a spectacular show. They include specialty safety equipment or seatbelts to secure people to the platform.
The Benefits of Parade Floats
- Visual Impact: Parade floats have an undeniable visual impact. Their vibrant colors, impressive designs, and thematic elements capture the audience’s attention, making them a memorable part of any parade.
- Storytelling: Floats are powerful storytellers. They convey stories, cultural heritage, and brand messages effectively, creating a connection with the audience.
- Community Engagement: Parade floats provide opportunities for community involvement. They foster a sense of unity and pride as individuals and groups come together to create and showcase their floats.
- Advertising and Promotion: For businesses and organizations, parade floats serve as effective marketing tools. They reach a wider audience and promote products, services, or causes in a fun and engaging way.
- Entertainment Value: Above all, parade floats contribute to the overall entertainment of the parade. Their creativity, performances, and captivating presence add to the festive atmosphere, ensuring that everyone has a good time.
We recieved a million likes both here and internationally from our social posts promoting our parade float. Unbelievable!– Leader feedback from the Nigerian Canadian Association of Calgary
Tips for Creating a Successful Parade Float
- Planning and Theme Selection: Choose a compelling theme that resonates with your audience and your brand.
- Budgeting and Resource Management: Consider your budget and explore cost-effective ways to source materials and support for your float project. Allocating marketing budgets and fundraising can go a long way to making your float a reality.
- Design and Construction: Find an experienced company that can guide you through the build process – Imagination Design Studios has been building floats for 30 years!
- Safety and Regulations: Adhere to safety guidelines and parade regulations to ensure the well-being of participants and spectators.
- Promotion and Participation: Promote your participation in the parade and engage the community to make your float a memorable part of the event. Get your float all over social media! Show off the build process and build momentum.
Parade Floats Are Great for Business
Parade floats are the heart and soul of parades, adding enchantment, storytelling, and entertainment to these celebratory events. Floats play a vital role in creating memorable experiences for communities around the world.
So next time you attend a parade, take a moment to appreciate the magic and creativity that parade floats bring to the festivities.
Want some more inspiration for promoting your town or business?
Contact Imagination Design Studios (IDS) to discover how to promote your business with a parade float.