Connect Your Social Media Platforms Together To Save Time
In previous blog posts we’ve discussed social media and offered a few ideas to get the ball rolling. However, sometimes it can be hard to manage all of your different social media profiles.
Most dentists have a social media profile on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Here are some tips for relieving a little time and effort from your social media management by connecting your platforms together!
First, it is important to have an account specifically for your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Having a presence on these platforms is vital for reaching existing clients and for finding new ones.
One of the simplest ways to post to each of your accounts is to connect all of your social media so that posting to one will cross-post to the others. This will make updating content easier and keep profile activity for your office social accounts evenly distributed.
Connect Instagram to Facebook:
Just follow these straightforward instructions on how to link Instagram to a Facebook page.
To share posts from your Instagram account to a Facebook Page:
- Go to your profile and tap .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account > Linked Accounts, then select Facebook.
- If you haven’t already, enter your Facebook login information.
- By default, your Instagram account will share to your personal Facebook profile. To share to a Page instead, choose a Page that you manage below Share to.
If you are a fan of Instagram, you can set up your office social media account so that when you share with Facebook, the post will be shared with your business page instead of our own. By keeping a social media presence high on both Instagram and Facebook, you can reach more fans and garner interest in your business.
Connect Facebook to Twitter:
Just follow these straightforward instructions on how to link Twitter to Facebook.
- From your desktop computer, log in to the Twitter account you want to associate with your Facebook profile.
- Go to your Settings menu’s Apps tab.
- Click Connect to Facebook.
- If you are not already logged in to Facebook, then you will be prompted to enter your Facebook login credentials. Enter your credentials and click Log in to sign in to Facebook.
- You will then receive a prompt explaining that Twitter will receive certain information from your Facebook account. In order to continue, you must select Continue as [Facebook name].
- You will then be prompted to select the privacy settings for who will see your Tweets and Retweets posted to your Facebook wall. It is set to friends by default.
- Click OK to complete the process.
- Your Tweets and Retweets will now post to your profile Facebook wall and your username will be displayed there as well. Replies will not be posted.
Use third party programs to post everywhere at once.
Hootsuite is a social media management platform. With it you can schedule posts in advance on all your platforms at once. The system’s user interface takes the form of a dashboard, and supports social network integrations for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Best of all, it has a free version to try out first.
There are many more programs out there that provide a similar service with different costs associated with them.
Social Media Tip!
Our previous blog post titled How Theming Creates the Ultimate Brand for Your Business, discussed the importance of a unified brand and how theming can help. Social Media is no different. To keep your office brand consistent, create a set of house-rules for each social media profile so that you know what sort of content to post to each. Some accounts might be more professional than others, or include specific themes or colors in every post.
Happy posting and stay social!
Check out these related resources for improving your social media strategy:
3 Quick Tips on Using Theming as a Social Media Promotional Tool
Key Strategies to Jump-Start Your Dental Marketing
The 3 Social Media Sites You Should Be Promoting Your Business On and Why
Want more social media tips for marketing your office? Download the free guide!